RP40 Card Reader
The RP40 is a multi-technology card reader designed for customers upgrading their current card system from HID Prox to iCLASS® credentials.
Variant price modifier:
Sales price without tax:
RP40 Card reader
The RP40 is a multi-technology card reader designed for customers upgrading their current card system from HID Prox to iCLASS® credentials. With the RP40 reader, the customer has the ability to transition to smart cards over time while incorporating the use of multiple card technologies within a single building or across multiple facilities.
Unlike contactless smart card serial number readers, with the RP40 multiCLASS™ reader, you get enhanced security through mutual authentication and data encryption.
- Only the RP40 provides true iCLASS security, the ease of Prox, the power of smart cards and the confidence of choosing HID, the worldwide leader in access control.
Unique RP40 Competitive Advantages
- Higher card to reader security than CSN only multi-technology readers.
- Eliminates card format transition problems.
- Easy to customize to ensure security.
- No reader "confusion" when using combination cards.
- Widest variety of readers available for mixing and matching
- Custom site keys for maximum security
- Lifetime warranty
Typical Maximum Read Range
- ISOProx® II card: 2.5-3.5" (6.3-8.8 cm)
- ProxKey® II keyfob: 1.0-1.25" (2.5-3.2 cm)
- Microprox® Tag: 1.0 – 1.25" (2.5-3.2 cm)
- iCLASS® card: 3.5-4" (8.8-10 cm)
- iCLASS Key: 1.0"(2.5 cm)
- iCLASS Tag: 1.0" (2.5 cm)
- MIFARE® Card (serial number only): 2-2.5" (2.5-6.4 cm)
- 3.30" x 4.80" x .85" (8.38 cm x 12.19 cm x 2.16 cm)
- 5 to 12 VDC. Linear supply recommended
- -40º to 150º F (-40º to 65º C)
- 5% to 95% relative humidity non-condensing
- Wiegand Interface 500ft (150 m) 22 AWg
- HID proximity cards, key fobs, and tags.
- AWID Credentials
- 13.56 MHz contactless smart cards
- ISO 15693 - read only; 2k bit (256 Byte), 16k bit (2k Byte) and 32k bit (4k Byte); serial number
- ISO 14443A - read only; MIFARE (serial number)
- ISO 14443B - read only; 2k bit (256 Byte) and 16k bit (2k Byte)
- Sony FeliCa™ IDm (requires Transit reader p/n 6124)
- UL 294/cUL, FCC Certification, Canada Certification
- CE Mark (Europe), New Zealand, Australia c-Tick
- Pending Certifications: Taiwan, Singapore, germany VdS
- Warrantied against defects in materials and workmanship for life. (See complete warranty policy for details.)