RK40 Card Reader
The RPK40 is a multi-technology card reader designed for customers upgrading their current card system from HID Prox to iCLASS® credentials.
Variant price modifier:
Sales price without tax:
RK40 Card Reader
The RPK40 is a multi-technology card reader designed for customers upgrading their current card system from HID Prox to iCLASS® credentials. With the RPK40 reader, the customer has the ability to transition to smart cards over time while incorporating the use of multiple card technologies within a single building or across multiple facilities.
With the RPK40 multiCLASS™ reader, you get enhanced security through mutual authentication and data encryption.
- Only the multiCLASS family of products provides true iCLASS security, the ease of Prox, the power of smart cards and the confidence of choosing HID, the worldwide leader in access control.
- Simple Migration - from the most popular proximity technologies to iCLASS®
- Open Architecture Design - allows project specific formats and keys Powerful Options - Provides flexible options for processing multi-technology cards and configuring the reader's audio/visual characteristics
- All HID Card Formats Carryover
- Reads: 125 kHz - HID, Indala or AWID proximity, 13.56 MHz - iCLASS, DESFire® - ISO 15693 CSN (MyD, I Code, Tag It), ISO 14443A CSN (MIFARE®)
Typical Read Range
- iCLASS Card: 3.5 – 4.25" (9.0 - 11.0 cm)
- iCLASS Key/Tag: 1.0 - 1.5" (2.5 - 4.0cm)
- HID Prox ISO Card: 2.5 – 3.5" (6.5 - 9.0 cm)
- HID Prox Clamshell Card: 3.5 – 4.0" (9.0 - 10.0 cm)
- HID Prox Keyfob/Tag: 1.25 - 1.75" (3.2 - 4.5 cm)
- Indala Proximity ISO Card: 1.5 – 2.0" (4.0 - 5.0 cm)
- Indala Proximity Clamshell Card: 1.75 – 2.25" (4.5 - 5.5 cm)
- Indala Proximity Keyfob/Tag: 1.0 - 1.25" (2.5 - 3.2 cm)
- 3.35" x 4.85" x 1.05" (8.5cm x 12.3cm x 2.7cm)
- HID or Indala proximity cards, key fobs, and tags.
- AWID Credentials
- 13.56 MHz contactless smart cards
- ISO 15693 - read only; 2k bit (256 Byte), 16k bit (2k Byte) and 32k bit (4k Byte); serial number
- ISO 14443A - read only; MIFARE (serial number)
- ISO 14443B - read only; 2k bit (256 Byte) and 16k bit (2k Byte)
- Sony FeliCa™ IDm (requires Transit p/n 6134)
- Lifetime. Warrantied against defects in materials and workmanship for life. (See complete warranty policy for details.)